News

Frontpage is fixed! HUZZAH!.  Click for info.

Keep in mind that you must register an account, and be logged in to view any content on this site.

Erinn Timer

Time
Erinn Time 14:58
Local 01:34
Server 01:34
Moongate Prior G16 [ + / - ]
11:11 Tir Chonaill
12:22 Dunbarton
13:33 Emain Macha
14:44 Bangor
14:44 Emain Macha
16:66 Emain Macha

Ceo in days.

Price [ + / - ]
01:12 Emain Macha - Island in South Pathway
01:48 Sen Mag 5th house from West
Rua [ + / - ]
01:39 Resting
02:15 Resting

Discord

Join us on Discord!

Themes

Author Topic: Disclaimer and Registration Agreement Overhaul  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Marck

Disclaimer and Registration Agreement Overhaul
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »

Registration agreement has been overhauled, we strongly urge you as a user of this forum to review the updated content.

Click here to read the Disclaimer and Registration Agreement.

Click here to read the explanatory version

Thanks,

- Mabimods

Offline Archangel Playtime

Re: Disclaimer and Registration Agreement Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
B> A larger font for fine print.
Join me on Twitch, I stream!
^ Click to join me ^

Contact me by email: [email protected] by Skype: Playtime.xel, PM me here, or say my name in a post and I'll find you!
Quote from: Marck
[12:37:42 AM] Marck: ...
[12:37:44 AM] Marck: Adam
[12:37:50 AM] Marck: You can take over MM now, I'm freaking stupid

Offline Marck

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:02:20 PM »
That's just stuff that comes default with the forum about session cookies, validity of data, etc...etc.

The most important stuffs are the easily readable statements.

Offline No one.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
...etc...etc...

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »
Ctrl + Scroll in

Formerly known as Captain Raidyn.

Offline Marck

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »
Ctrl + Scroll in

Or you could be logical about it and just select / paste the  text onto notepad.

Offline No one.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 07:20:22 PM »
Or you could be logical about it and just select / paste the  text onto notepad.

I had to do that without straining my eyes more then they already are <<

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
They're both logical methods. y u troll mi? ):

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 07:39:02 PM »
Banned for haml--...
^ Click to join me ^

Contact me by email: [email protected] by Skype: Playtime.xel, PM me here, or say my name in a post and I'll find you!

Offline Marck

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »
Long running joke in the newly revived "The Banning Game!", where Playtime constantly banned me for "hamlet". 6 times or so, now.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »
Only 6?... TO THE THREAD!
^ Click to join me ^

Kisamier~

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 08:10:49 PM »
Only 6?... TO THE CLOUD!
But it's very well written. I approve.
+1 Kisa points. Redeemable at the nearest Kisamier to you!

Offline Penguin Eater

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »
"Mabimods retains the right to collaborate with Nexon Gaming, NA and Devcat over abuse issues, and deliver certain information regarding any member of this site, including but not limited to, IP addresses, hostnames, and email addresses, to resolve the issue. "

I think it's time to get a proxy for this site.

Quote from: pawntobishop
KISS, Keep it simple stupid.  That's the approach you need to take with questions like this.  If someone can't figure out how to cope with a simple error, we need not fill their head with any information.  It's a waste to do so.

vb286

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
umm no

Offline Gyzarus

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »
Long running joke in the newly revived "The Banning Game!", where Playtime constantly banned me for "hamlet". 6 times or so, now.

Wow. That's even more than my creepy haruchi pic. /goes to banning game thread.

Offline Marck

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:55:47 PM »
"Mabimods retains the right to collaborate with Nexon Gaming, NA and Devcat over abuse issues, and deliver certain information regarding any member of this site, including but not limited to, IP addresses, hostnames, and email addresses, to resolve the issue. "

I think it's time to get a proxy for this site.

That's only over issues that pertain to Nexon. Like say, if someone hacked the Nexon servers for NX cash and they had no clue who did it, and we just /happened\ to know who did, I could send all information regarding that individual to them.

Offline Spitfire

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:03:10 AM »
Besides, I'm sure there's IP logs, so unless you've got dynamic IP, then it's a bit late for a proxy, Penguin.

Offline Istiku

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 10:03:51 AM »
Nothing beats reading a nice legal document in the morning <3
Goals:
total 1000    /✓
r1 hailstorm /r2
r1 lullaby     /rA
r1 potion m. /rF [30%]
get fireball   /not started

Keep Kisa's karma at -1234.

Offline Marck

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
Besides, I'm sure there's IP logs, so unless you've got dynamic IP, then it's a bit late for a proxy, Penguin.

Any IP you log in with is attached to that account. Not to mention it cross references IP's from other accounts to see if you have many accounts.

Offline Orange Queen

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »

Registration agreement has been overhauled, we strongly urge you as a user of this forum to review the updated content.

Click here to read the Disclaimer and Registration Agreement.

Thanks,

- oops I deleted it. Oh well, who cares if it's mabimods it's not like we're not in it anyway.

Not reading it. Too long and I don't understand those kinds of things anyway. As long as I don't get banned I'm in the green. But, I'm impressed that practically everyone else seems to understand it. You guys must be nerdier than me!
The Orange Queen will be making her debut to college on August the 13th! Look forward to it, yo! I'm gonna start off the year with a bang! I'll be kicking down doors and while taking names! For I am the Orange Queen!

Offline Marck

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
Mabimods.net (Alias. Mabimods) is neither directly nor indirectly related to Nexon LLC, nor parent company DevCat, in any way, shape, or form, neither does Mabimods claim any representative rights to such.

(Basically renouncing any correlation between this site, and it's operators and administrators to Nexon LLC (Limited Liability Corporation); also states that we do not represent Nexon in any way; this is an individually hosted site.)

Mabimods is an entirely non-profit site and currently maintains no monetary value.

(We make no monetary (money) gain from operating this site and keeping it running. Take me for example, I'm not paid for doing what I do, entirely voluntary on my part.)

Its purpose is that of an open information and file repository and is not intended to infringe upon the copyrights of Nexon LLC, nor their parent and affiliate companies.

(This site is provided to you freely, and we only host files made by others, and any information supplied here on Mabimods is not made in the purpose of breaking copyright agreements. The individual that breaks the copyright, is solely liable for the legal action taken against them, so we only hosted the file that broke copyright, so therefore we can not be held liable.)

This site is neither supported nor endorsed by Nexon or its licensers.

(Self explanatory)

All information on this website is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including the implied warranties of non-infringement.

(Any information you may come across (use the guide board for example) could be written by any person, and if that information was malicious and/or infringed upon the rights of another user or company, there is nothing we can do about the situation between the legal representee, except deliver information to the third party as an arbitrator in the matter.)

Mabimods cannot guarantee the validity of any information contained herein and disclaims the accuracy of submitted information, said information being posted without immediate peer review.

(Also self explanatory, everything on this site we try to maintain to be as accurate as possible, but if something falls through the cracks, and you voluntarily download and use the program, or follow unsound advice, we are not to be held responsible.)

In no event will Mabimods, its host, contributors, sponsors, administrators, sysops, nor editors, formal or otherwise, be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, privileged or consequential damages occurring as a result of the use of this website or the content therein; neither shall any of the aforementioned be liable for damages occurring as a result of hyperlinked or otherwise affiliated sites, said damages including, and without limitation, any lost profits, business or personal interruption, loss of data on your information handling system, or otherwise, even should we be expressly advised of the possibility of such.

(Like the last phrase, we are not responsible if you incur damage to your person or personal belongings (computers, etc) in the case that you do use information that was not correct, or malicious.)

All files and information supplied herein is provided freely with no guarantee of accuracy, neither is there any guarantee that said information or files have been submitted by an expert in a legal manner.

(All files and information contained at mabimods.net is not supported by a professional in the information provided by them, so we are disclaiming that any one of our members is a true expert in a matter of which they discussed, so again, we are not liable.)

While a limited license to copy and distribute the contents of this site is in effect, save where certain trademarked or "copyrighted" contents are concerned, this license does not imply any kind of contractual liability on the part of Mabimods, its agents, members, organizers, or other users.

(Aforementioned explanation about copyright applies here as well)

Mabimods disclaims responsibility for any materials submitted herein by yourself, it being understood that such information has been given freely and is incorporated thereafter under the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License, insofar as relates to the content.

(Basically saying that we do not support or endorse, or take responsibility for anything you submit in a post, as a file, attachment, movie, outside link, so on and so forth.)

The use of trademarked content at Mabimods does not imply that this information may be freely used by any other party, neither does it imply an endorsement by the trademark holder to do so. Unless otherwise noted, Mabimods holds and can grant no rights to the use of any protected information or materials on this site.

Example: (If you as a user post an official video that has been posted off a site with trademarks/copyright on that content, and you infringe upon the agreement to copyright to the owner, there is no supplied statement by us that says "This here file is usable by anyone and anything to the limit of your ability anywhere on the internet".)

Nexon, Mabinogi, Combat Arms, Vindictus, Dungeon Fighter Online, PopTag!, Dragon Nest, and Nexon Cash, (or otherwise stated) are registered trademarks of 2011 NEXON Korea Corp. and NEXON America Inc. All other content is trademark or registered trademark of its respective owners.

(Again, self explanatory.)

vb286

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 10:05:12 PM »
so marck this basically states that we cant get into trouble if nx wishs to legally do something, or am i mistaken?

Offline TheSkai

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
He's saying its your fault not the site's

Offline 小太

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »
Wow, is Marck a lawyer or something? :o
小太는서명을했습니다!
Patcher status: Indefinite Hiatus! Go have an look at the incomplete version here: https://github.com/kotarou3/Memory-Patcher