News

Frontpage is fixed! HUZZAH!.  Click for info.

Keep in mind that you must register an account, and be logged in to view any content on this site.

Erinn Timer

Time
Erinn Time 14:58
Local 01:34
Server 01:34
Moongate Prior G16 [ + / - ]
11:11 Tir Chonaill
12:22 Dunbarton
13:33 Emain Macha
14:44 Bangor
14:44 Emain Macha
16:66 Emain Macha

Ceo in days.

Price [ + / - ]
01:12 Emain Macha - Island in South Pathway
01:48 Sen Mag 5th house from West
Rua [ + / - ]
01:39 Resting
02:15 Resting

Discord

Join us on Discord!

Themes

Author Topic: New Moderation Standards  (Read 4398 times)

Offline The Proffessor

New Moderation Standards
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:37:59 AM »
Starting very soon (as soon as I can finish the system...lol), we will be switching to a standardized set of moderation rules determining warnings, suspensions, bannings, etc. The reason it has become necessary to do this is to alleviate any concerns of bias between moderators (i.e. one might give a 5% warning, another 10%, another a permaban, etc.).

As an added change, we are going to revamp the warning amount system a bit. The way it's set now, someone is put on a "watched" list at 10%, and "moderated" (all their posts must be approved before showing up) at 35%. This will be changing to 30% and 60%, respectively. Warnings given out after the change will have increased amounts to make up for the change, but warning amounts will now automatically decrease by 1% every 24 hours. However, when this change occurs, I will not give out extra warnings to make up for the difference. I'm granting a little bit of amnesty this one time in hopes that some will have learned their lesson. Don't make me regret it.

Stay tuned for more as I can think of it.
E = mc² actually stands for Enjoyment = (Modifying the Client)². The more Mods you have, the Enjoyment increases exponentially.

Offline Metallifag

Re: New Moderation Standards
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »
I feel 1% would be a bit easy to wait through, especially if you don't post often. perhaps 1% every 2 days?

Offline Damen

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:55:02 AM »
Aside from "watched" and "moderated" I wonder if there should be something the equivalent to Muting if they aren't quite at the watched level yet ? 
Signatures are for being pretty well I'mma make an ugly Y*G&(SGA(&T^AC&^T&8r79tf39w37t 8eryg89g9s8rg9s8(&^?!!?!?!

Offline Metallifag

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
That's a ban from posting altogether, which we kind of have...

Offline The Proffessor

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
I feel 1% would be a bit easy to wait through, especially if you don't post often. perhaps 1% every 2 days?
sadly, that's the minimum that the forum software can handle. I originally wanted to make it more of a wait, but it won't let me...lol

That's why I increased the warning amounts and levels, so that it will have a similar effect.
E = mc² actually stands for Enjoyment = (Modifying the Client)². The more Mods you have, the Enjoyment increases exponentially.

Offline Metallifag

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
So, when you put someone under warned, they'll get to 59% in at least 41 days (that's assuming that they're at 100% moderated). An okay amount of time... I feel like it should be longer, but if that's what the software can handle, it's better than nothing... ._.

Offline Skitty

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:26:16 PM »
we can post ban people. when some users are banned we have the options of full or partial ban. the partial ban we can mute them basically. i have done it before to a few users for a few days.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Offline The Proffessor

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
we can post ban people. when some users are banned we have the options of full or partial ban. the partial ban we can mute them basically. i have done it before to a few users for a few days.
Yes, in addition, I forgot to mention, the new standards will also keep track of number off offenses, and will result in higher amounts with each offense, and most will start suspensions and bans if warnings don't seem to get through to the offender.

Offline Metallifag

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »
Ah, okay. I was wondering why moderation would be so high. That definitely makes more sense then.

Offline The Proffessor

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 12:31:51 AM »
Ok, the moderation standards will take effect Saturday, and the warning system will be revamped. Remember that I am personally granting all of the previously warned users some amnesty by not manually adjusting their warning levels to make up for the difference, but please don't take advantage of this to behave badly. I will direct all moderators to the staff section to obtain your copy of the Moderation Guide, and to everyone else, please bear with us as we start this system going. Thank you.

Offline Skitty

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »
cold and logical i love it :D

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Offline No one.

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »
cold and logical i love it :D

Who doesn't?

Offline Magnanimous

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
Ah web forums... where the answer to all problems is to cripple / kill those involved.

Or equivalent at least.  The whole punishment system in most online communities is nuts anyway.  It isn't like there aren't ways to regulate posting content without just removing the posts / posters altogether or threatening it. But facts as be, nobody cares enough to look into them.
And a worse factor is that usually, the implementation of a strict system of rules and regulations, oppressive as that might be, is usually an improvement over the wanton cruelty that people in positions of power sometimes engage in when without regulations.

And it all stems from one particular point:
The internet dehumanises people.

Anyway... while the systems of crime and punishment are being rejuggled.... would someone mind removing the censors altogether? Please? Pretty please?
They're totally unneeded, petty and Orwellian... k?
_

Offline Archangel Playtime

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 08:29:14 AM »
So to complain about something that's reason has been explained to you, you break the rules.

Good job.
Just amazing.
Join me on Twitch, I stream!
^ Click to join me ^

Contact me by email: [email protected] by Skype: Playtime.xel, PM me here, or say my name in a post and I'll find you!
Quote from: Marck
[12:37:42 AM] Marck: ...
[12:37:44 AM] Marck: Adam
[12:37:50 AM] Marck: You can take over MM now, I'm freaking stupid