News

Frontpage is fixed! HUZZAH!.  Click for info.

Keep in mind that you must register an account, and be logged in to view any content on this site.

Erinn Timer

Time
Erinn Time 14:58
Local 01:34
Server 01:34
Moongate Prior G16 [ + / - ]
11:11 Tir Chonaill
12:22 Dunbarton
13:33 Emain Macha
14:44 Bangor
14:44 Emain Macha
16:66 Emain Macha

Ceo in days.

Price [ + / - ]
01:12 Emain Macha - Island in South Pathway
01:48 Sen Mag 5th house from West
Rua [ + / - ]
01:39 Resting
02:15 Resting

Discord

Join us on Discord!

Themes

Author Topic: Official MabiMods IRC!  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Archangel Playtime

Official MabiMods IRC!
« on: September 17, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »
We now have a live chat, in the form of an IRC!

We had one previously but the channel expired and we were unable to take control of it again.
This problem has since been resolved, and the chat is up and running.

Having a live chat will make communicating a little easier, and getting some tech support or asking questions much easier, and with less of a delay time on waiting for replies on the forums.
You can also hop on the chat to just talk and chill with some fellow members.

To access the chat, click here:
https://chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc.mibbit.com&channels=#mabimods

You can also click on "Chat" on the top bar of the site, or "Chat" from the Sitemap on the left.

If you're interested in using your own IRC client, connect to irc.mibbit.net and the channel #MabiMods

Be aware though, that this chat tends to be rather AFK. So if you have a question, please leave your mabimods name and we can get back to you via PM.
Or, if you say the name of a user in chat, it will send them a notification.

If there are no users on the chat, you may ask me instead.  I am on the chat 24/7, but do not look at it. Say my name and it will notify me and I can come see what's going on.
I made this chat to help users, so don't be shy, say my name in chat ("Playtime") and I'll be there in a few seconds.  If I don't show up, I'm likely asleep. So leave a message with your mabimods name, and you'll get a PM answering it when I return.

Also please note that the MabiMods staff team are marked with stars on the user list, or with "Operator" "Admin" "Half-op" "Owner" and "Founder" depending on how you view the chat.
For security reasons all staff member will be identified is such ways.

If a user is marked with "Voice" or a speaker icon.  That user is being identified as the official creator of a mod, such as Kanan.
If you're a mod creator, please PM me the link to your mod, and say my name in the IRC to get my attention, and you can be marked as well as well.
Join me on Twitch, I stream!
^ Click to join me ^

Contact me by email: [email protected] by Skype: Playtime.xel, PM me here, or say my name in a post and I'll find you!
Quote from: Marck
[12:37:42 AM] Marck: ...
[12:37:44 AM] Marck: Adam
[12:37:50 AM] Marck: You can take over MM now, I'm freaking stupid

Re: Official MabiMods IRC!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
Due an increasingly large number of users joining and leaving the chat.  I've updated this thread with some more information.

We're not exactly paying attention to chat 24/7, so won't greet you.  Or answer your question if you leave.
So please leave your mabimods name, or say the name of one of the users in chat, to notify them you're looking for them. Myself, as an example, saying my name ("Playtime") in chat will highlight the message in orange, play a sound effect, AND open a windows notification message and windows sound effect.  Saying somebody's name can be a great way to get them to notice your question, and if you don't have the time to wait, leave your mabimods name and we can PM you on here, our reply to the question. :)

Many people aren't very fond of posting on forums, but please do not be shy on the live chat.  I created it to help users. :)
^ Click to join me ^

Contact me by email: [email protected] by Skype: Playtime.xel, PM me here, or say my name in a post and I'll find you!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:43:44 PM »
I've updated the live chat now, to include a welcome message.

"Welcome to the MabiMods chat. Please type the name of an online user to get their attention. Or leave your MM username with your question, and a PM will be sent to you. :)"

Also be sure to include my name, or Kanan's.  As we're both online 24/7.
Saying one of our names, will send us a notification, and we will be able to help you! <3
If you do not say our names to notify us, we may not notice your question.
^ Click to join me ^

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 02:55:08 AM »
I've updated the live chat now, to include a welcome message.

"Welcome to the MabiMods chat. Please type the name of an online user to get their attention. Or leave your MM username with your question, and a PM will be sent to you. :)"

Also be sure to include my name, or Kanan's.  As we're both online 24/7.
Saying one of our names, will send us a notification, and we will be able to help you! <3
If you do not say our names to notify us, we may not notice your question.

Just to expand on that.

Kanan will respond to her notifications, but tends to be late as she's busy and not always there to respond right away.

Likewise, I'm usually MIA during the day.  But am easily found in the middle of the night, in the wee hours of the morning.

However, if you leave your MM username along with your question, even if we don't manage to show up in time, I will send you a PM on here to answer your question :)
If I can not answer your question, I will happily figure out or track down the answer for you, prior to responding. :)

Just know that I tend to vanish unexpectedly for days at a time, and your reply may be delayed... But I do read every message, and will respond if I have a username to respond to, I may just be late :)

Don't be scared to repeat questions asked on the forums. If we can answer them directly on chat, we will do so.
^ Click to join me ^

Offline Fl0rn

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 01:14:57 PM »
Just to ask, say someone logs into the chat using the same username as on here, i'd log in as fl0rn, would you like us to still leave our name, for convenience, or just the message.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 09:05:11 PM »
Just to ask, say someone logs into the chat using the same username as on here, i'd log in as fl0rn, would you like us to still leave our name, for convenience, or just the message.

Leave the name regardless, that way IRC users can be certain of who it is.
Since you can freely change your name to anything you please, it's possible going by chat name may end up with another person's MM name, by accident.
^ Click to join me ^

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 04:38:17 PM »
DISCORD NOW INCLUDED! Please see the last line of the first post! :D
^ Click to join me ^

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 05:54:07 AM »
DISCORD NOW INCLUDED! Please see the last line of the first post! :D

Discord now excluded!

It had been a public test while we continue the search for a public chat system.

The IRC will remain active however!
^ Click to join me ^

Offline TheSkai

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 11:17:46 PM »

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 12:22:52 AM »
Discord now excluded!

It had been a public test while we continue the search for a public chat system.

The IRC will remain active however!

No more testing, the long awaited Discord server is now a thing!
See here: https://mabimods.net/index.php?topic=17788.msg249520#msg249520

The IRC will continue to remain active regardless, however may be shut down in the future in favor of Discord.

Previously, Discord had been made as a test server... You may now consider the IRC as the test server. As such, this thread has been unstickied.   Don't be surprised if the IRC links all go dead or missing in the future.
^ Click to join me ^