News

Massive advancement in PMG editing!  Click here!

Keep in mind that you must register an account, and be logged in to view any content on this site.

Mabinogi Status

Erinn Timer

Time
Erinn Time 14:58
Local 01:34
Server 01:34
Moongate Prior G16 [ + / - ]
11:11 Tir Chonaill
12:22 Dunbarton
13:33 Emain Macha
14:44 Bangor
14:44 Emain Macha
16:66 Emain Macha

Ceo in days.

Price [ + / - ]
01:12 Emain Macha - Island in South Pathway
01:48 Sen Mag 5th house from West
Rua [ + / - ]
01:39 Resting
02:15 Resting

Themes

Author Topic: Enforcing Block Against Third-Party Programs and Mods  (Read 25568 times)

Offline Fl0rn

Re: Enforcing Block Against Third-Party Programs and Mods
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2016, 05:28:00 AM »
So for the most part, seems we're dealing with another simple bluff on Nexon's part...lol

Just wanted to say

I'm placing my money on this being a front.

Nailed it?

Offline Chacha

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »
Is there really NOTHING at all changed in the game's "security" behavior? I'm a little baffled by such a scare tactic. Because if they tell us that we're gonna get kicked for using "third-party programs and mods", but nothing actually happens... uh... yeah.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I can still use Abyss, Dye Lite, etc. still without any worry... it's just confusing.

Unless it was specifically updated to terminate the client only for something more "malicious"...? I don't know.

Offline Blade3575

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 11:14:10 AM »
Is there really NOTHING at all changed in the game's "security" behavior? I'm a little baffled by such a scare tactic. Because if they tell us that we're gonna get kicked for using "third-party programs and mods", but nothing actually happens... uh... yeah.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I can still use Abyss, Dye Lite, etc. still without any worry... it's just confusing.

Unless it was specifically updated to terminate the client only for something more "malicious"...? I don't know.

Even with people using what we shouldn't be using, they can still get on. I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that it's working right now when I looked into it.

Offline 小太

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2016, 03:27:54 PM »
Guys.  Race.xml and other major xml mods causing the game to crash when not updated is totally normal.  It happens all the time.  It's seriously like the number one issue people have.
I'm kind of surprised nobody has introduced dynamic xml patching (patching by modifying the DOM at runtime, rather than the files themselves) yet, given how often they need to be updated with the same changes
小太는서명을했습니다!
Patcher status: Indefinite Hiatus! Go have an look at the incomplete version here: https://github.com/kotarou3/Memory-Patcher

Offline Rydian

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 03:29:09 AM »
I wouldn't know where to start making that.  There's the possibility of making updaters that are manually run, but they'd need a tool that can be scripted to dump the latest xmls to actually have the new files to modify first.

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2016, 04:07:56 AM »
the original powerpatcher allowed addons to be run after patching, that's what my uotiara.dll addon was going to do, atm it just replaces the files like proff's frontend does, so the users already have the files that needed patched by mods, i had intended it to extract the package files and patch mods using both DOM instruction files and revision checks online like github and per username basis for custom mods sorta like a cloud repository where you can share mods or keep certain ones private or disabled from updating due to being outdated or whatever, but considering i haven't had time for programming and no one else has been interested in the project, i've only got bits an pieces of the source to combine and two wip clouds online.
"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth" ― Wizard's First Rule

Offline furby4537568

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »
I took a look on an alternate account to confirm something I saw on another website.

Seems like the block is kicking for non-updated mods presently. (There's a reason I used an alt to check.)

Said thing I noticed:

...that being said, I'ma update my stuff now.

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2016, 01:33:57 PM »
i'm using my main character to check since i'm not scared, it's the same here and on all my mods as it is in game and nexon has never banned me, but yea i'm getting the NGS kick atm as well trying bypassers i have atm to see what it might take to get past it this time around.
"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth" ― Wizard's First Rule

Offline furby4537568

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »
Mmm, I just did it to be safe. Regardless, it seems like their announcement that it was last week was to get those who were scared of getting banned out of the way, and now the block is coming down hard.

I'm definately going to be reading around to see how everything develops.

Offline ZombehCat

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2016, 03:33:49 AM »
I keep getting kicked by NGS even though I'm using a clean folder . - . Wtf

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2016, 04:06:59 AM »
does your "clean" folder have dinput8.dll?, if so delete it or do you have Cheat Engine installed? if so rename the .exe
anything else would be NGS being overly cautious as we don't know what all it's detecting atm.

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2016, 06:07:39 AM »
Draconis mentioned it as a possibility, but it wasn't confirmed, as i also have it installed normally, the only thing i know to be confirmed is dinput8.dll

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2016, 04:00:50 PM »
Got kicked twice. Kicked me after being on for barely 3 mins on any of my characters, assuming it's Abyss, I just removed it and just sitting out in Mabi and see what happens afterwards.
Edit: It is likely to say players should avoid using Abyss until update as it will be detected and kick players.

Made items:

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2016, 05:48:01 PM »
@Jragon0 do you have any CrackShield files? dinput8.dll, hslaunch.exe or hsupdate.vbs?

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2016, 05:53:44 PM »
@Jragon0 do you have any CrackShield files? dinput8.dll, hslaunch.exe or hsupdate.vbs?
I removed Abyss files exception for hslaunch and hsupdate.vbs. I'm still online after removing them. Having them in the file active will get me kicked after a few mins with the message saying something was detected.

Made items:

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2016, 06:08:35 PM »
what are you considering to be abyss files?, just the 3 abyss.ini, ijl15.dat and ijl15.dll are not being detected atm, only remnants of crackshield are.
crackshield is no longer necessary, neither is hackshield so you can remove hslaunch and hsupdate, and put abyss back in, but make sure you don't have dinput8.dll
many of us have abyss running fine.

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »
what are you considering to be abyss files?, just the 3 abyss.ini, ijl15.dat and ijl15.dll are not being detected atm, only remnants of crackshield are.
crackshield is no longer necessary, neither is hackshield so you can remove hslaunch and hsupdate, and put abyss back in, but make sure you don't have dinput8.dll
many of us have abyss running fine.

I see if that's the case likely it's only that. I don't usually keep in check of mods these days besides I only know hackshield is no longer required. This tells you how much I don't really lurk these forums often besides a few check ups and only coming here for updates.

Made items:

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2016, 06:17:56 PM »
my concern isn't with how often you check in, lurk or what you know, as we rediscover crap all the time depending on updates, security measures and creative thinking on either parts of nexon or us; as you well know, only that you can log in with abyss working, so message back if you get abyss working or not.

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2016, 06:21:15 PM »
Will do.
Update: Just dinput8 have any effect of getting detected. Some players likely disconnecting because we don't remove old Abyss files when updates happen.

Made items:

Offline Mavisai

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2016, 06:25:59 AM »
I assume this is the same problem my boyfriend was having, but isn't it because of the Nexon Security Guard? I haven't tested it out, but I told my boyfriend to open up Task Manager and end task on that before loading up Mabinogi client cause he was crashing 1 minute into the game, and it worked

He only uses Abyss as far as I know

Offline Chacha

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
dinput8.dll is CrackShield, not Abyss. Delete it. It isn't needed, and hasn't been needed since HackShield was removed... what, last summer? My memory is terrible, sorry.

Same with hslaunch.exe and hsupdate.vbs. Those were also part of CrackShield, and are no longer needed.

The only files that are part of Abyss are:
ijl15.dll (the modified DLL for Abyss)
ijl15.dat (the original DLL, needed as a passthrough, or something)
Abyss.ini (the settings for Abyss)

If you're looking to use JUST Abyss, those are the only three files that should be different from a CLEAN install. As far as I can tell, NGS is not at all flagging Abyss or any of its functions (even multi-client)... at least, it's not taking any ACTION on using Abyss... for now.

Offline lolzor

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »
I just started getting the NGS has detected a security threat about an hour ago. Just me, or anyone else?

Offline NoztaBlackswift

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2016, 06:52:59 PM »
I just started getting the NGS has detected a security threat about an hour ago. Just me, or anyone else?

I have the same problem, need guide for this

Offline Morillo12

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »

Likewise