News

Massive advancement in PMG editing!  Click here!

Keep in mind that you must register an account, and be logged in to view any content on this site.

Mabinogi Status

Erinn Timer

Time
Erinn Time 14:58
Local 01:34
Server 01:34
Moongate Prior G16 [ + / - ]
11:11 Tir Chonaill
12:22 Dunbarton
13:33 Emain Macha
14:44 Bangor
14:44 Emain Macha
16:66 Emain Macha

Ceo in days.

Price [ + / - ]
01:12 Emain Macha - Island in South Pathway
01:48 Sen Mag 5th house from West
Rua [ + / - ]
01:39 Resting
02:15 Resting

Themes

Author Topic: Enforcing Block Against Third-Party Programs and Mods  (Read 25569 times)

Offline Rydian

Enforcing Block Against Third-Party Programs and Mods
« on: May 06, 2016, 02:21:46 PM »
[...]
Starting on Thursday, May 12th, Mabinogi will begin to enforce a security policy that blocks mods while running the game.
When a mod or third-party program is detected, you will automatically be kicked from the game and see an error message when attempting to login.
[...]

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00Ium/

Offline Dafuqulookinat

Re: Enforcing Block Against Third-Party Programs and Mods
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 02:36:16 PM »
spooky scary

Offline Lady Playtime

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 02:45:17 PM »
I'm curious how exactly they plan to stop us.
Shame that I'm not at home to see what they do.
Join me on Twitch, I stream!
^ Click to join me ^

Contact me by email: [email protected] by Skype: Playtime.xel, PM me here, or say my name in a post and I'll find you!
Quote from: Marck
[12:37:42 AM] Marck: ...
[12:37:44 AM] Marck: Adam
[12:37:50 AM] Marck: You can take over MM now, I'm freaking stupid

Offline Radial

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 02:49:12 PM »
 So, does this mean they are going to bother fixing Tara which lags lower end computers out? Or maybe fix the lag elves experience on an everyday basis in archery? This isn't "taking steps to ensure a friendly and fun environment", it's a possible  death sentence for lower end users and for Mabinogi  because there is a possible backlash and a possibility to lose players. At least Nexon is pretty incompetent so I doubt they can stop client modifications too much.

Offline furby4537568

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 02:56:46 PM »
I'm curious how exactly they plan to stop us.
Shame that I'm not at home to see what they do.

From what I'm reading on the forums, they're trying to be as ambiguous as possible to prevent those who develop/make mods from having something developed and ready to go to essentially prevent them from enforcing this.

It will be interesting to see how this situation develops, though.

Offline 「★S29★シ」

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »

Offline Dafuqulookinat

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »

step bb it's me ryukysen that black giant from alexina
<3

Offline Skitty

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 03:31:59 PM »
So, does this mean they are going to bother fixing Tara which lags lower end computers out? Or maybe fix the lag elves experience on an everyday basis in archery? This isn't "taking steps to ensure a friendly and fun environment", it's a possible  death sentence for lower end users and for Mabinogi  because there is a possible backlash and a possibility to lose players. At least Nexon is pretty incompetent so I doubt they can stop client modifications too much.

byt this you mean the removal of certain pmg files right in the data folder. cause if thats the case just make your own .pack and set it to readonly so mabi doesnt delete it. and BAM own made data folder the game loads anyways. outside that im interested to see how this works

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »

Okay.

Made items:

Offline Tekashi

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
Let's be honest they just want the game to die faster at this point. I mean seriously, kicking people offline in 2016 after the game has been out for 8 years in NA to "stop hacks"? Jesus christ they're freaking idiots lol.

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »

"Mod"

Made items:

Offline atralen

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 08:01:44 PM »
How exactly are they planning to monitor us?; And which type of client modifications are they targeting specifically and which ones would be excluded? Does anyone have any information on this?

Offline Fl0rn

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 08:31:37 PM »
I'm placing my money on this being a front.  They'll probably target 1-2 major issues/hacks, ones that are well known and possibly even fixed within a week and possibly ban a few who are obviously using them, and after that they'll stop.  They've done this kind of thing before, claim they're doing stuff but ultimately the effort they put forth isn't even equal to a 24 hours worth of effort.  So i'd suggest not panicking and just waiting maybe a week before seeing what kind of damage they're doing.  And by waiting it out, yes i mean taking off your obvious mods, cuz once they start and you get caught, there's no helping you so i wouldn't advise it.

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 08:38:12 PM »
Assuming if they are keeping their words, they mention it will auto kick if it detects mods and requests the player to just uninstall mods. No bans will happen from what they say but can't expect it to be all.
They are posting a feedback so players can put what they would want Mabi to improve since mods and third party will be blocked. (There's a lot already suggesting bitmap font)
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1533673-Security-Update-Feedback-and-Suggestion-Thread-Game-Improvements%26nxid%3D10

Made items:

Offline Venom Log

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 08:56:35 PM »
Mabinogi KR recently banned 11 people for skill modifying hacks and blocked it.
I assume NA is taking that announcement a little further to scare people by wording the whole thing vaguely.

Offline Fl0rn

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 10:21:29 PM »
Assuming if they are keeping their words, they mention it will auto kick if it detects mods and requests the player to just uninstall mods. No bans will happen from what they say but can't expect it to be all.
They are posting a feedback so players can put what they would want Mabi to improve since mods and third party will be blocked. (There's a lot already suggesting bitmap font)
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1533673-Security-Update-Feedback-and-Suggestion-Thread-Game-Improvements%26nxid%3D10

That thread makes me mad lol

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 10:30:37 PM »
That thread makes me mad lol
The sadness when someone suggest bitmap font like 2 years ago in the Suggestion section and yet it was still in 'progress'. In the meantime they are questioning about dyelite be usable or not. The joys of this conflict.

Made items:

Offline atralen

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 10:34:15 PM »
When they say "Advantageous third party programs", would that happen to include things such as Abyss, and/or small modifications like for example: Unskippable Cut-scene skips?

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 10:42:34 PM »
When they say "Advantageous third party programs", would that happen to include things such as Abyss, and/or small modifications like for example: Unskippable Cut-scene skips?
Something like macros or bots, dyelite(?) are. Though even if they aren't third party programs, they are telling players to remove all possible modification or the game will auto kick anyways.

Edit: Seems some of my friends, who never mods, are getting 60+ hours temp bans for no reason or at least they have no idea what happen.

Edit 2: One of them said they were banned for inappropriate language lol. Not related to mods or third party use but could be they are monitoring players if it's true.

Made items:

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 05:49:50 PM »
so they are most likely just going to implement another game guard which will just need to be bypassed again, sounds like old news to me...
"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth" ― Wizard's First Rule

Offline GiratinaAltered

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »
Going to try bypassing the autobot if they really going to block the third parties?

Made items:

Offline ShaggyZE

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 06:26:18 PM »
won't need to if we have something running like crackshield, and may not even be required since AutoBot doesn't read/write memory or hook to client.exe, it just looks at the screen and moves your mouse, they've tried making it hard to attach virtual keys, to the client before and I'm assuming that's not going to be changed on the 12th, but we'll just wait and see.
however running something like crackshield would prevent any third parties from being detected, hence like i said this is old news and we've bypassed all their "security" attempts before, it would just be a matter of waiting to see if crackshield can be placed in to work, until crackshield is updated, or another by-passer that works in the same manner is created or ported over.
"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth" ― Wizard's First Rule

Offline The Proffessor

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 09:55:15 PM »
What I'm wondering is if they implemented NexonGuard back then in a passive state at first to get a feel for how mods are hooking into the client, and gathering data that they'll then use to put it into a more active state to block them. It'd explain why at this time, it doesn't really seem to do anything but take up CPU and memory...lol
E = mc² actually stands for Enjoyment = (Modifying the Client)². The more Mods you have, the Enjoyment increases exponentially.

Offline Blade3575

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 10:14:20 PM »
You used to get booted by Nexon's new security if you launched Cheat Engine with a default name. It may end up going a bit beyond just the names, but not far. As far as I've seen, it should be fairly trivial to bypass it. That is, unless they do something I haven't seen so far.